Sicilian Style Pesto
- 500 g of tomatoes (Preferably plum tomatoes)
- 50 g of roasted almonds
- 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt (Sea Salt or Kosher)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 bunch of basil
- 4 tablespoons of Sheep’s Milk cheese (about 120 g)
- 150 g ricotta (preferably full-fat Sheep’s Milk, if you can find it)
- Freshly ground pepper
STEP 1: Wash the tomatoes carefully, then slice in half.
STEP 2: Wash the basil leaves under running water, drain thoroughly, then dry with a cloth.
STEP 3: Now add the tomatoes, basil leaves, and toasted almonds into a food processor.
STEP 4: Next add in the garlic, grated cheese, and ricotta. Add salt and pepper to taste.
STEP 5: After adding all the ingredients, pour the oil and pulse a couple more times. When the pesto reaches your desired consistency, taste to see if more salt and pepper is needed…then enjoy! Buon Appetito! We love this dish served with al dente rotini pasta and an extra garnish of basil—it goes extremely will with a Rosé style wine.